Fall National UTV Race
@ TexPlex Park
Cash payouts For Each Round!
Call Or Visit Us For Questions
TexPlex UTV Fall Race Rules
2020 TexPlex UTV Racing Fall Races Final Rules
The following rules and regulations are solely applicable to the TexPlex Texas UTV Racing series events. Please direct any
questions to TexPlex Park.
1. Format: UTV/SXS racing will follow a (1) race format using both short course and off road..
1. How is it scored?
2. Once the green flag drops, each moto lasts up to but not over 60 minutes.. Number of Laps will be
pre-determined at each event based on overall length of the track layout. All classes race (1) time for
60 minutes (except 170 is 40 minutes and 570 50 min.). Points are awarded for each race, starting at
twenty-five for first place, twenty-two for second, twenty for third, and so on.
3. There are several flags that you will see waving throughout the day. The green flag signifies the
start of the race on the opening lap. The yellow flag is a caution flag to signify a disabled racer
or obstruction on the course, but unlike in most other racing series, the yellow flag does mean
that riders cannot pass each other. No Passing under a yellow flag. The red flag stops the race
if there is a problem on the track. The blue flag with a yellow stripe is shown to lapped riders to
warn them to move over as they are being overtaken by the leaders. The white flag signifies
one lap to go, and the checkered flag, the one every racer wants to see first, means the race is
1. Minimum Age Requirement
1. Competitors (drivers and passengers) must be at least 18 years of age at the time of the event. Competitors under
18 are allowed if accompanied by parent or guardian.
2. All drivers are responsible for their actions as well as their entire pit crew.
● TexPlex does not provide medical insurance for its Competitors, and we strongly urge you to not compete without it.
Medical Insurance is the sole responsibility of the Competitor and Passenger.
1. PRO TURBO: 1000cc : (Professional) UTV Production Model. Engine and suspension modifications are permitted.
Turbochargers and Turbo upgrades are permitted. Nitrous systems are not allowed. N/A 1000cc UTV Production
Model is allowed to compete in this class, however, a Turbo Production Model is not allowed in the PRO N/A class.
2. PRO N/A: 1000cc: UTV Production Naturally Aspirated Model. Engine and suspension modifications are permitted.
Turbochargers, Nitrous systems or Superchargers are not allowed.
3. TURBO OPEN: (Intermediate or Expert) Engine and suspension modifications are permitted. Turbochargers and
Turbo upgrades are permitted. Nitrous systems are not allowed.
4. N/A OPEN: (Intermediate or Expert) UTV Production Model. Engine and suspension modifications are permitted.
Turbochargers and Nitrous systems are not allowed.
5. TURBO AMATEUR: (Beginner or Novice) Engine and suspension modifications are permitted. Turbochargers and
Turbo upgrades are permitted. Nitrous systems are not allowed.
6. N/A AMATEUR: (Beginner or Novice) UTV Production Model. Engine and suspension modifications are permitted.
Turbochargers and Nitrous systems are not allowed.
7. UNDER 1000cc: (Novice to Intermediate) Any UTV/SXS that is equipped with a 999cc or less is permitted. Engine
and suspension modifications are permitted. Turbochargers and Nitrous systems are not allowed.
8. SENIORS (Novice to Intermediate) This class is for 45+ year old competitors only. UTV Production Model. Engine
and suspension modifications are permitted. Turbochargers and Turbo upgrades are permitted. Nitrous systems
are not allowed.
9. 170: (Beginner to Intermediate) This class is for up to 12 year old competitors only. UTV Production 170cc Model.
Engine and suspension modifications are permitted. Turbochargers and Turbo upgrades are Not permitted. Nitrous
systems are Not allowed.
1. The following equipment is required for ALL UTV/SXS machines:
1. Full Roll Cage; Factory Roll cages are allowed but not encouraged.
2. Door Panels must be fastened and provide Full-Coverage (No half doors)
● Silencer or Aftermarket Muffler is required.
1. Charged Fire Extinguisher clearly mounted and easily retrievable by staff or officials.
2. Key On/Off that shuts off the engine is required.
3. All UTV/SXS must have body plastics fastened. No exposed areas.
● All Machines are subject to be examined and tested by officials at any time prior to, during or after the event, and may be
disqualified if found to be in violation.
1. The following Gear is Required for all competitors.
1. Minimum 4-Point Harness restraints securely fastened on both driver/passenger at all times.
2. Helmet with protective eyewear.
3. SFI Fire Retardant Suits and Gloves.
4. Footwear is required, no open toe shoes.
1. All Competitors with an assigned race number must be displayed on a colored number plate mounted on the front and
Passenger side of the race machine. Additionally, an assigned transponder (for scoring) is required. These
transponders will be available for sale or rent at each event.
1. Pre-Registration is highly recommended for all classes. You may Pre-Enter the event by calling (972) 752-2223 and
speak to our staff. In the event of a re-schedule or cancellation, the Pre-Entry will be moved to the next scheduled
event. Gates and Registration will remain open thru Saturday 8am prior to the event starting.
2. Event fees are as follows:
3. • All PRO TURBO or PRO N/A $250.00 per class
4. • All other classes (except 170) $100 per class
5. • Friday Short Course Practice $25
6. • Saturday Full Course Unclassified $25
● 170 class
1. Gate Fees:
1. All person age 5+ : $15 Friday – $15 Saturday – $25 Weekend Pass
2. Under 5 FREE
3. Dry Camping: $25 per night per trailer
4. $15 Pit Bike Riding Fee
2. START PROCEDURE
1. Driver’s Meeting will be conducted at a designated DRIVER’S Meeting area and is mandatory for every competitor.
We will discuss track conditions, staging procedure, flagging, and any other pertinent information that is necessary
for the event.
2. For the first race, Staging will be a computer-generated starting order and will be conducted by our staff. Each
competitor will be called up by his/her Race number and will be allowed to pick the starting position on the line. If
you have not been called by our staff, you are not allowed to be on the starting line. Additionally, please note,
staging will be conducted immediately following the Green Flag start of the race in front of you. Please be prompt
3. We will allow the switching of vehicles after a race if you plan to compete in multiple classes. However, that means
you must have the second vehicle at staging and ready to go. We will not hold up a race to make any mechanical
adjustments or fueling. Please be ready!
4. The start of the race will be a LIVE ENGINE START.
1. Competitors will start from their designated row.
2. The official will hold up the 15 second board, and the board will drop signaling that the race is about to
start. The official will waive the Green Flag signaling the start.
● Competitors starting before the Green Flag has been waived will be penalized. (Determined by Race Director)
1. The UTV/SXS that a competitor leaves the starting line with is the official UTV/SXS for that race/moto and may not be
switched at any time during that race/moto.
1. The COURSE
1. Our UTV/SXS courses consist of several different tracks including,
1. Short Course – Approximately 2 miles that include motocross style jumps, whoops, and big bowl turns.
2. Mid-Course – Approximately 4 miles that include motocross style jumps, long straights and tighter tree
● Long Course- Not to Exceed 10 miles, May include long straightaways where speeds are increased. Natural terrain
elevations that include Jumps and off-camber turns.
1. The courses will be marked with tape/arrows to ensure the direction of the course. No exiting the courses, unless its
due to a mechanic/safety situation. Please check your surroundings to make sure it is safe to exit in the event of an
2. Pre-Race course inspection is available prior to the event and on race day. Competitors are permitted to walk the
3. Marking, cutting, tampering or otherwise changing the course in any manner is strictly prohibited. Course
modifications may only be marked by an official.
4. Long Course will have a designated pit area. It is your responsibility to make sure that Driver, Car, and Pit Crew are to
stay outside of the main driving lane and remain in pit sections. Any Driver or Pit Crew violating these rules will result
in a penalty for your race. (Determined by Race Director)
1. Scoring will be done by Trackside support, which is the official scoring procedure for all TexPlex events.
2. There will be one checkpoint at the finish line. UTV/SXS’s must pass through our Finish Line Tower in order to be
3. Transponders will be available for sale or rent.
2. TRACK REGULATIONS
1. While we strive to create a great spectator experience, the racecourse is closed to spectators, pit crew,
photographer (without credentials) or anyone trying to enter the course that is not a competitor. Viewing areas are
setup along the course and at the Finish Line area.
2. The posted Speed Limit within any area except the actual racecourse is 25mph.
3. If a competitor leaves the racecourse for any reason, they must re-enter where it left the course.
4. Teams may only make repairs in designated pit area. Any outside assistance will result in Penalty.
5. Internal Radio communication is permitted between drivers/passengers in the same UTV/SXS and their respective
Pit Crews. No communication is allowed from UTV/SXS to UTV/SXS
6. Reckless Driving in any such manner will not be tolerated and may result in disqualification. Reckless driving may
include deliberate ramming, blocking, or intentional contact with another team or competitor.
7. Unsportsmanlike Conduct: Persons whose appearance, conduct, associations or affiliations, on or off the track,
deemed harmful or not conducive to the best interest of the sport or who exhibit conduct which is inappropriate,
offensive, abrasive or in bad taste, may be excluded or suspended from TexPlex at the discretion of the Race
Director. Competitors engaged in any event, public appearance, social media activity or any other situation relating
to their participation in our TexPlex SXS race series must refrain from intentional physical contact, inappropriate or
foul language, fraud, or any form of unsportsmanlike conduct. At the sole discretion of TexPlex, competitors who
exhibit deemed inappropriate or unsportsmanlike conduct, prejudicial or detrimental to the best interest of the sport,
or detract from the enjoyment, appreciation or interest of the spectators, sponsors or other supporters of the sport,
may be penalized by monetary fine, docking of championship points, or both. Such penalties are not subject to
protest or appeal.
3. RACE FINISHES
1. The race officially ends for all competitors at the completion of the final lap in which the checkered flag is displayed.
2. To be considered as having completed the lap or race, the racer and his machine must cross the finish line scoring
plane of the checkered flag.
3. Towing is not allowed. Racers who’s disabled UTV/SXS that are towed back to the pit area by staff or otherwise,
are not eligible to return to competition, unless it was only towed only a short distance in order to dislodge the
UTV/SXS from a track obstacle. Ie; mud, deep rut, etc.
4. Racers will be scored in order of their finish and number of laps completed. It is not necessary to complete all laps
in order to receive a score.
5. Awards are presented to the top 3 finishers of each class, with a minimum of 4 entries per class